1. Place pears in a pan that fits them snugly. Pour over Al Rabie Berry Mix Drink, sugar, vanilla, spices and 300ml water, then cover surface closely with a sheet of baking paper. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, then cook for 10-15 minutes until tender (this will depend on ripeness of pears). Remove pears, then simmer liquid until reduced by half. Pour over pears and allow to steep in liquid until ready to serve (up to 24 hours).
2. Whisk vinegar, oil and 2-3 tbs poaching liquid in a bowl. Season, then set the vinaigrette aside. For Roquefort dressing, warm the crème fraiche and half the Roquefort in a small pan over low heat for 2-3 minutes, stirring until smooth.
3. Toss leaves and walnuts with vinaigrette, then divide among plates. Top with pears, crumble over remaining cheese, then serve warm Roquefort dressing in small jugs or shot glasses to pour at the table.
• Good to serve for 4 persons
• Level of Difficulty: 3 out of 5
• Preparation Time: 90 min
• A great salad from the heart of France
• Red vinegar: 20ml
• Walnut oil: 60ml
• Crème fraiche: 150ml
• Roquefort cheese: 200g
• Mixed baby lettuce leaves: 400g
• Walnuts chopped: 30g
• Pears halves small: 6 piece
• Al Rabie Berry Mix Drink: 300ml
• Icing Sugar: 75g
• Vanilla stick: 1 piece
• Cinnamon stick: 1 piece
• Cloves whole: 2 pieces